From managing client expectations to motivating an underperforming team member to influencing your boss, this course will give you the tools to communicate with clarity and impact, build relationships and get results. Discover the biology and psychology that underpins human communication to help you interpret what motivates others so you can speak to their needs.
Choose the most effective communication technique and medium for any context as you develop a deeper understanding of the people around you to successfully navigate complicated relationships. Along the way, create a map of your own communication gaps and develop a self-improvement plan with measurable objectives and accountability to begin building a more trusting team environment.
People in a leadership role at any level of the organization, including managers, supervisors, team leads, and anyone who needs to communicate clearly, be understood, and influence others to develop successful working relationships.
Day 1: Back to Basics – Rebuilding the Foundation for Strong Communication
Module 1: Why we Communicate
- Purpose of human communication
- Transactional and transformational communication
- Challenging your choices – communicating with consciousness
- The stakes of poor communication
Module 2: Understanding Others
- Detecting communication breakdowns
- The Four (or more?) Core Emotions
- Body Language - What they’re really saying
- Learning to listen again
Day 2: Leading Humans – Reality-Grounded Communication Skills for Leaders
Module 3: Verbal Communication
- Word to the Wise – Choosing the right message for the right audience
- What People Hear: Mastering tone and inflection
- Idioms, metaphors, and more
- Checking for understanding
Module 4: Written Communication
- Learning your ABCs: Active. Brief. Clear.
- Death by Email
- Informal communication mediums – SMS, Instant Messenger, and more.
- Documenting complex communications
Day 3: Reflections and Projections – Breaking Down Barriers to Communicate with Clarity
Module 5: Crucial Conversations
- Giving and receiving feedback
- Assumptions and Projections – How we create conflict out of thin air, and how to stop it
- Right Fighting – The wrong way to win an argument
Module 6: Communicating in any Culture
- Be your authentic self
- Be present
- Be approachable
- Embrace the weirdness
- Build on shared experiences
Participants will map out their own communication gaps, and develop a plan to improve these skills with measurable objectives and accountability to build a more trusting team environment.
Upon completion, you will receive a Worley Academy Certificate of Completion