This course is an introductory course for those wishing to learn the principles and practice of project controls. It covers the fundamental skills of the discipline and aims to give the student the knowledge required to begin undertaking a project controls role.
It is expected that attendees need to learn about project controls, but no knowledge of project management or prior experience of project management is assumed.
You Will Learn How to
Upon successful completion of this course, you will learn how to:
- Explain project basics, including concepts and methods
- Clarify the business case, managing scope and requirements
- Know your role in identifying and managing internal and external stakeholders
- Identify and apply different approaches to Planning
- Recognize and explain the difference between planning and scheduling
- Explain Breakdown structures and dependencies
- Factor in health and safety considerations
- Describe and apply cost estimates and budgeting techniques
- Explain and apply appropriate scheduling concepts
- Apply control and monitoring techniques
- Factor in Change management process and outcomes
- Connect the importance of project controls with risk management
- Apply appropriate record keeping skills and lesson learnt documentation
Upon completion of this course, you will receive a Worley Academy Certificate of Completion.