Effective Communication for Leaders
(Management & Leadership)
- Outstanding Features
- Course Overview
- Target Audience
- You Will Learn How to
- Course Details
Communicate with clarity, build trust and get results. Supercharge your communication and influence skills with the tools needed to express yourself clearly, listen with empathy, and act with purpose to build positive working relationships that deliver the results you need in any encounter.
From managing client expectations to motivating an underperforming team member to influencing your boss, this course will give you the tools to communicate with clarity and impact, build relationships and get results. Discover the biology and psychology that underpins human communication to help you interpret what motivates others so you can speak to their needs.
Choose the most effective communication technique and medium for any context as you develop a deeper understanding of the people around you to successfully navigate complicated relationships. Along the way, create a map of your own communication gaps and develop a self-improvement plan with measurable objectives and accountability to begin building a more trusting team environment.
People in a leadership role at any level of the organization, including managers, supervisors, team leads, and anyone who needs to communicate clearly, be understood, and influence others to develop successful working relationships.
You Will Learn How to
- Explain the purpose of human communication, particularly the distinction between transactional and transformational communication
- Identify their own communication gaps and map the impact these gaps have had on key relationships in the workplace, at home, and throughout their life
- Explain the difference between communication meant to inform, to influence, and to inspire, and determine which kind of communication to use in a given context
- Practice effective, active listening and explain the importance of effective listening
- Adapt their communication style for any audience, regardless of cultural, language, professional, or personal differences
- Use Neuro-linguistic Patterning techniques to improve relationships with people with poor communication habits
- Explain the importance of mindful use of body language and tone
- Read non-verbal signals effectively to determine underlying motives, frustrations, or concerns which can be a barrier to effective communication
- Adapt written communication styles for different mediums to achieve the most impact
- Utilize new media effectively to communicate ideas to audiences of all sizes
- Detect breakdowns in communication and take appropriate steps to mitigate them
- Conduct difficult conversations with empathy and authenticity
- Develop a plan to improve their own problematic communication styles, with clear goals, measurable outcomes, and a plan for accountability
- Rebuilding the Foundation for Strong Communication
- Why we Communicate
- Understanding Others
- Interpret body language, and learn to listen again so you can
- Leading Humans – Reality-Grounded Communication Skills for Leaders
- Verbal Communication
- Written Communication
- Reflections and Projections – Breaking Down Barriers to Communicate with Clarity
- Crucial Conversations
- Communicating in any Culture
Day 1: Back to Basics – Rebuilding the Foundation for Strong Communication
Module 1: Why we Communicate
- Purpose of human communication
- Transactional and transformational communication
- Challenging your choices – communicating with consciousness
- The stakes of poor communication
Module 2: Understanding Others
- Detecting communication breakdowns
- The Four (or more?) Core Emotions
- Body Language – What they’re really saying
- Learning to listen again
Day 2: Leading Humans – Reality-Grounded Communication Skills for Leaders
Module 3: Verbal Communication
- Word to the Wise – Choosing the right message for the right audience
- What People Hear: Mastering tone and inflection
- Idioms, metaphors, and more
- Checking for understanding
Module 4: Written Communication
- Learning your ABCs: Active. Brief. Clear.
- Death by Email
- Informal communication mediums – SMS, Instant Messenger, and more.
- Documenting complex communications
Day 3: Reflections and Projections – Breaking Down Barriers to Communicate with Clarity
Module 5: Crucial Conversations
- Giving and receiving feedback
- Assumptions and Projections – How we create conflict out of thin air, and how to stop it
- Right Fighting – The wrong way to win an argument
Module 6: Communicating in any Culture
- Be your authentic self
- Be present
- Be approachable
- Embrace the weirdness
- Build on shared experiences
Participants will map out their own communication gaps, and develop a plan to improve these skills with measurable objectives and accountability to build a more trusting team environment.
Upon completion, you will receive a WorleyParsons Academy Certificate Of Attendance.
Course ScheduleNo schedule date found for this course
By clicking submit, I consent to WorleyParsons to contacting me with further material about this course and to send me regular information on offers, promotions, news, and other correspondence from WorleyParsons Academy.