Risk Assessment, Leadership and Cultural Development
(Health, Safety, Environment)
- Outstanding Features
- Course Overview
- Target Audience
- You Will Learn How to
- Course Details
- LMS Course Resources
Want to create a high performing safety culture in your organization? This course takes you on a journey by combining the knowledge needed in foundational risk assessment with how to actively lead safety processes to achieve a culture of safety in your workplace. Led by one of our industry experts, the course will use practical planning tools and expertly-facilitated exercises.
The challenge in every work environment is to recognize that however good our safety performance is there are underlying pathogens that could result in a major accident and consequently cause harm to our people. This course provides a hands on approach to initially assessing the risks inherent in your workplace activities, how competent leadership is an integral part of health and safety management and more importantly explores ways you can measure, analyze and plan for Health and safety culture improvements.
Using the latest thinking in what delivers safety, attendees will produce highly personalized cultural improvement plans along with their own personal safety charters.
Leaders with some health and safety knowledge that want to
understand safety management better and with the influence to change
organizational behavior. Typically attendees are from middle or senior
You Will Learn How to
- Undertake a risk assessment
- Understand your role as a safety leader
- Have insight into why people do what they do
- Develop your own safety culture improvement programme based on tested principles and success factors
- The nature of hazard
- Identifying risks to both health and safety
- Understanding likelihood and severity and how they affect risk
- Where specific risk assessment formats should be used
- Developing suitable control measures
- Reviewing a risk assessment – when and how?
Leading Staff Safely
- The main UK legislation relating to health and safety, its enforcement and the consequences of breaching the regulations
- Health and safety policies and management systems
- The role of the manager in risk assessments health and safety inspections, audits, record keeping and safety briefings
- Emergency evacuation procedures
- Receiving new starters
- Monitoring the health, safety and welfare of employees
- Requirements for vulnerable groups
- Reporting and investigating accidents and near misses
Understanding Safety Culture
- Intro to Personal Safety Leadership
- Why we need to shift our focus and the 8 cultural shifts required
- The importance of committed leadership
- Developing Personal Safety Charters
Planning a Cultural Change
- An explanation of Safety Culture Maturity
- Using the Cultural Improvement Survey Tool (in the workshop)
- Understanding how the tool can be used across your organisation
- Reviewing your current culture and developing targets for the short, medium and long term
- Developing your personal plan
Risk Assessment – a practical session introducing the principles of Health and Safety Risk Assessment along with a worked practical example from your business. Discusses the nature and types of risk along with the application of suitable and sufficient control measures.
Day 2 & 3
Leading Staff Safely – a review of the obligations leadership has for leading staff safely and ensuring compliance with legislative and regulatory requirements as well as your moral duty of care towards employees.
Understanding safety culture – during the day we will discuss what makes people do what they do, understand the leadership and organizational behaviors that effect performance, discuss human performance factors and how to manage them and develop and individual Health and Safety Contract.
Safety Culture Improvement Planning – using a tried and tested tool investigate your current culture and develop a detailed plan on how to plan for and deliver the cultural change you are looking for.
LMS Course Resources
Course ScheduleNo schedule date found for this course
By clicking submit, I consent to WorleyParsons to contacting me with further material about this course and to send me regular information on offers, promotions, news, and other correspondence from WorleyParsons Academy.